The digital revolution has posed new challenges for businesses, consumers and the competitive environment. Information management and business intelligence revolve around solving problems from data. For this reason, the Master in Business Intelligence emerges as a training option in advanced techniques for data analytics.
It is expected that, upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will have developed competencies related to the safe and critical use of technologies to manage information in an organization, use tools to produce, present and understand complex information, and the ability to direct and work as a team.
Why study for a master’s degree in Business Intelligence?
The Master is open to professionals from different disciplines who are interested in acquiring skills in data analysis to support informed decision-making in public and private organizations; also use different statistical and information processing programs for the collection, use, management, and storage of strategic information.
The applicant must have an affinity with quantitative and computational reasoning. Because it is an intensive program in the use of ICT, future students should have basic notions of programming.
At the end of the Master in Business Intelligence, the graduate will have robust quantitative skills that will allow them to analyze from statistical tools and manage information in public or private organizations through specialized software, to propose corporate strategies based on the results obtained and guide administrative and operational decision-making. Additionally, the Magister will be trained in the regulatory framework established for the collection and use of different types of information.
- The Externado ranks third among the best Universities in Colombia and is among the best 500 in the world, according to the QS University Ranking 2019.
- The Externado Faculty of Economics is one of the 3 best Faculties of Economics in the country, according to the ranking of Revista Dinero.
- Externado University’s Master of Business Intelligence has an emphasis on information analysis and processing.
- Because it is a deepening Master’s degree, the program has a flexible curricular structure, where the development of skills for economic analysis is privileged.
- Full-time professors
- If you are a graduate of the Econometrics Specialization it will have a preferential admission and a homologation plan of up to 15% in this Master’s Degree.
Young Researchers Program: Periodically, the Faculty of Economics links active students of the Faculty’s Master’s Degrees to the Young Researchers program, which is a job opportunity that allows them to participate directly in teaching or research activities with the Faculty. This participation is independent of the existing relationship between the University and the student, derived from the academic enrollment.
Discount policy: Externado University has a discount policy for undergraduate and graduate graduates More information here
- Multiple financing options
- Route service at different times and stops
- Participation in the different cultural activities (photography club, singing, capoeira, ceramics, oral narration, story Tuesday, among others that you can find HERE
- Guidance and counseling service
- Medical Service- Mediexpress, with a previous evaluation by general medicine in the following specialties: Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, Optometry, Urology, Gynecology and Ophthalmology.
For more information consult HERE
- Gym service and participation in the different sports offered by the university (swimming, skating, diving, basketball, among others).
- Loan of different sports venues at the Alcazar headquarters
- Loan of study rooms, access to computer rooms and other services provided by the university for academic development.
The master’s degree has a total of sixty (60) academic credits distributed in four (4) academic semesters.