XIV Ibero-American Regulatory Congress “Towards smart regulation”
The event has the goal to analyze the regulatory dynamics and needs of public infrastructure and economic and social development in the Ibero-America countries.
For over a decade, the Ibero-American Regulatory Association (ASIER) has held its annual congress, a privileged space for encounters and discussions among government regulatory bodies, guilds, public service providers, judges, academic researchers, and professionals from the main economic sectors.
For 2019, the organization’s Board of Directors selected, for the second time, Colombia as the venue for this important event to be held in the city of Medellin, on November 13-15, 2019.
The XIV ASIER Congress brings together prominent regulation experts from the Americas and Europe, from an interdisciplinary perspective allowing the identification of common experiences in the countries being studied and the responses of governments, institutions, businesses, citizens, and the academia for the efficient management of contemporary challenges relating to the following thematic points:
· Regulation – general and institutional aspects: regulatory impact analysis, regulation and control, regulation and compliance, regulation and competition, good administration, etc.
· Technologies Regulation: disruptive technologies, information and communication technologies, fintech, databases and collaborative economy, orange economy, blockchain, etc.
· Social regulation: well-being status, education, health, social security, justice, social rights costs, etc.
· Energy regulation: hydrocarbons, unconventional deposits, offshore exploitation, electricity, renewable energy and energy efficiency, etc.
· Public Services Regulation: aqueducts and sewers, street lighting, user regime, etc.
· Mining regulation: new technologies in the mining industry, social licensing in mining, mining contracts, mine closures, economic compensation in mining activity, territorial planning and mining development, marine mining, SDGs and mining, human rights and mining, mining financial markets, illicit mining, ethnic communities and mining, prior consultation, etc.
· Agricultural regulation: food safety, food imports, peace and agricultural development policy, land reform, and rural development, etc.
· Financial Activity Regulation: banks, leasing organizations, trust entities, etc.
· Infrastructure and transport regulation: contractual models, audit regime, supervision and control, pricing regime, institutionality, regulatory quality, concessions, PPPs, risk clauses, socio-environmental clauses.
· Dispute Resolution: commercial arbitration, investment arbitration, dispute resolution mechanisms, expert panels, etc.