Areas of research:
- WTO law, regionalism, international dispute settlement, investment arbitration, economic analysis of law, access to medicines, public international law
International Economic Law Lecturer
Lawyer from the Universidad Externado de Colombia, Master in International and European Law from the Europa-Institut (Germany), Master in International Economic Law and Economic Policy from the Universidad de Barcelona (IELPO), PhD candidate in Law from the Europa-Institut (Germany).
He is currently working as an internationalist lawyer for the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, in the Office of International Legal Affairs defending the interests of the Colombian state in international litigation and as a teacher of the subjects “international litigation” “economic law” and the research group of Allied Universities for Access to Medicines. He worked at the World Trade Organization (Switzerland) as an advisor to the Trade and Environment Directorate and the sustainable trade promoter Fair Trade (Germany).
He also teaches the postgraduate course in Inspection, Surveillance and Control at the Universidad Externado de Colombia.
1. Tariffs on imported steel and aluminum by the Trump administration in light of the GATT 1994. (Kluwer Global Trade and Customs. Issue 7 2018. October).
2. A proposed interpretation of Article XXI (b) ii and XXI(b)iii in the light of the Vienna Convention of the Law of the Treaties. (Kluwer Global Trade and Customs. Issue 1, 2019. January);
3. Could The United States justify its tariffs on aluminum and steel invoking article XXI (b) of the GATT.” (Kluwer Global Trade and Customs. Issue 2, 2019. February).
4. Construyendo una estrategia de exportación para Coomersa. TradeLab. George Town. En co-autoría con Daniel Tovar y Simón Hernández. En https://www.tradelab.org/single-post/2018/02/01/COOMERSA-delighted-with-exportstrategy. (Enero 2018)
Full Security and Protection.
Access to Courts, Denial of Justice, Access to Justice and Fair Procedures