Call: Scholarships for Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG (Helmut Schmidt Program)
The German Academic Exchange Service, once again, opens calls for all interested students.
The DAAD scholarship program supports the training of future leaders or experts in the fields of Politics, Law, Economics, and Administration, through graduate studies at German universities, in the areas of Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG.
The Master’s programs are offered in English or German and have an international orientation promoting good governance principles, with a practical approach preparing students to assume positions from where they can contribute to social political and economic development.
It is expected that with the knowledge and experience acquired in Germany, the fellow will contribute to the development of economic and social systems, democratically oriented, and aimed at surmounting the social inequalities in their country of origin.
The call is directed to graduates in Political and Social Sciences, Economics, Law, and Administration, having obtained their degree within the past six years.
- Have an undergraduate degree, obtained within six years of the application deadline. Specialization degrees related to the chosen Master’s program will also be accepted.
- Not be residing in Germany for more than 15 continuous months when applying.
- Comply with all requirements and procedure stipulated by DAAD and the selected Master’s program.
▪ Global amount for airfare tickets: Colombia-Germany-Colombia
▪ Intensive German course, in Germany, for up to six months, before starting the program
▪ Health insurance
▪ €850 per month for housing and maintenance
▪ €460 per year for additional study and research costs
▪ Special support at the German University and the possibility to participate in interdisciplinary networking events
The application period for the eight (8) Masters scholarships offered by DAAD begins June 1, 2018, through July 31, 2018.
Applications must be sent directly to the German University offering the selected program. Each University establishes the medium to accept applications, physical and online, physical only or online only. Therefore, it is essential to contact the German University directly to learn about their application requirements.
All the information needed to participate is detailed in the 2018 PPGG Call Information Document HERE