Invitation to volunteer for the Egypt District Library “Conocer dejando huella” program
The “Conocer dejando huella” (Learning while leaving a mark) Volunteer Program invites students, from all Faculties, to participate in this training and community support endeavor.
During the 2019 second semester, the support has the following objective: impact, positively, the lives of vulnerable children and adolescents, contributing to the possibility of building new realities outside a violence framework.
Who can join the program?
• Active undergraduate students, of all Faculties, who have satisfactorily completed their second-semester studies.
• Active postgraduate students from all Faculties.
• Have the time required to comply with the timetable and established schedules (the program allows up to three absences).
• Willingness to learn and guide reading, writing, and art activities with the target individuals (girls, boys, and adolescents).
Friday, August 2, 2019, to Friday, September 6, 2019
2:00 to 4:00 pm
Room 1, Library, Externado de Colombia University
Tuesday, September 17, 2019, to Thursday, November 7, 2019
1:45 to 4:00 pm
Egypt District Library – Children’s Room
Weekly meetings, scheduled with the group leader/monitor
A meeting, the last Friday of each month, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Volunteers may choose one or more days for fieldwork, based on the schedule indicated.
Projects to be developed
• Tuesdays – 1:45 to 3:45 pm – Literary Arts Project (requires an interest in creative writing, social relations, and research).
• Wednesdays – 1:45 to 3:45 pm – Performing and Music Arts Project (requires knowledge of theatre, dance, singing, or music)
• Thursdays – 1:45 to 3:45 pm – Plastic Arts Project (requires drawing or other graphic arts experience)
• FIGRI professional volunteer program (requires two days per week availability)
Volunteers are enriched through the contribution and approach to the communities; thus, improving their skills and expanding their professional development. At the end of the program, volunteers successfully concluding the process will receive a certificate of their time dedication, which may be beneficial in the search for scholarships abroad.
Registration is open until July 30, 2019, HERE.