Business Administration Faculty awarded EQUAA International Accreditation
In June 2018, the Education Quality Accreditation Agency granted the Externado Business Administration Faculty its first international accreditation.
This achievement is part of the Faculty’s strategic goals and constitutes the first milestone in a continuous improvement process in pursuit of international quality standards. The process began in 2015 and comprised different stages, such as eligibility, self-assessment, visits by external peers, and accreditation.
Schools accredited under this standard are evaluated in five dimensions:
- Programs Proposals
- Academic dimension
- Intellectual production
- Infrastructure and support services
- Social inclusion
The Evaluation Committee was formed by Dr. Andrés Toledo, director of the Business School of the University Adolfo Ibáñez, in Chile; Dr. Francesc Miralles Torner, Business School Dean, Ramon Llull University, Barcelona campus; and Octavio Ibarra Consuegra, Business School Dean, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, and President of CLADEA (Latin American Council of Administration Schools). In their final report, the Committee highlighted some of the Faculty’s strengths:
- Academic level and variety of nationalities of the teaching faculty
- Diversity of functional areas and interest groups
- Updated and internationalization curricula
- Student mobility with top-level foreign institutions
- Innovation in training programs, being pioneers in the offering of Masters programs in different areas.
- Association programs with SMEs, large companies, and cooperation projects with vulnerable communities in the region and the country
- Portfolio of undergraduate and graduate programs adjusted to the needs of the environment and global trends; program contents and class materials that are the result of research performed by the teaching staff in the last years, as well as the reputation and history of the University and the Administration Faculty
This important achievement by the Business Administration Faculty is a recognition of the quality of its training programs, in keeping with global standards.