Registration opens for “Convenio Sígueme” (Follow Me Program)
Externado undergraduate students may submit their applications to participate in this national program facilitating student mobility. The call will be open through October 23, 2017.
Registration is now open for all our House of Studies’ students interested in participating in the “Convenio Sígueme” program. Since 2000, this project offers hundreds of students an opportunity for academic enrichment and the possibility of experiencing new regional experiences.
“Convenio Sígueme” is an inter-institutional system promoting and facilitating student mobility. Under this agreement, students can pursue studies, for a semi-annual or annual academic period, at any of the following member universities:
- Universidad Externado de Colombia – Bogotá
- Universidad del Rosario – Bogotá
- Universidad de La Sabana – Chía
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana – Bogotá and Cali
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia – Bogotá, Medellín, Manizales, and Palmira
- Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana – Medellín, Montería, and Bucaramanga
- Universidad del Valle – Cali
- Universidad EAFIT – Medellín
- Universidad de Antioquia – Medellín
- Universidad del Norte – Barranquilla
- Universidad Industrial de Santander – Bucaramanga
Academic subjects or courses taken by students at the various universities will be recognized by the Externado de Colombia and count as part of their curriculum, subject to prior coordination with the corresponding faculty. At the end of the semester, the host university will submit a transcript of the final grades obtained in each course.
Requirements for participation in the Program:
- Be, at least, a third semester (or second year, if an annual program) undergraduate student at a participating university.
- The applicant may not be on academic probation, conditional enrollment, nor have any current academic or disciplinary sanctions.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Have the Faculty Director’s authorization and guidance on the subjects to be studied, following the Externado de Colombia University requirements.
- Be accepted by the selected University. Requests must be made through the Externado Program Coordinator, Sandra Lorena Dalmau Barros, who will, in turn, submit it to the host University Coordinator.
Registration will be completed at the Externado de Colombia University, including payment of regular tuition fees. Students will pay the host university for their Student ID card and accident insurance. Each student will be responsible for their transportation, housing, and sustenance costs.