The Executive Education unit at the School of Management coordinates a number of programs and activities. Created in 1988, this unit is supported by the Business Environment Observatory as well as the different area-specific Centers which are in charge of keeping up to date with business trends and creating new knowledge through their lines of research. This is done within the framework of what we call “comprehensive management” for competitiveness. Additionally, the Executive Education unit provides assessment for companies and communities so as to contribute to the socioeconomic development of the country as well as to create programs that meet the needs of certain organizations.
Assessment and Consulting
With ternally developed and designed methodologies, the School provides a number of additional services including strategic orientation and business reinforcement according to the needs of the client organization.
Assessment and Consulting Portfolio:
Business Creation and Reinforcement
- Strategic Plans and Family Protocol for SMEs and Family Business
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program Development
- Competitiveness Studies of Chains and Productive Sectors
- Development of Family Protocols
- Studies on the Policies of Competitiveness
- Business Diagnostics
- Business Creation Program Development
- Business Incubation Accompaniment
- Business Reinforcement Program: Plan Padrinos ®
- SME Consulting
- Government Codes
- Analysis of Supply Chains and Clusters
- Internationalization and Export Planning
- Comprehensive Diagnostics of SME Management
Center of Leadership
- Consulting the Valuation of Leadership Competencies with the BPG Simulator
- Measurement of Leadership Competencies for the Undergraduate Program
- Valuation of Management Competencies: by Sectors
- Marketing Plan Development
- Market Research
- Marketing Orientation and Branding
Center of Human Resources Management and Organizations
- Program Development for Managing Intellectual Capital
- Recruiting and Selection of Executives
- Characterization of Organizational Culture
- Accompaniment in Organizational Change Processes
- Management Model by Competencies
- Payroll and Compensation
Center of Information Management and Finances
- Costs Assessment (Expopyme)
- BPM – IT (Business Process Management)
Center of Technology and Management
- Implementation of TOC Solutions for Businesses
- Environmental Assessments
- Improvement Management: Six Sigma and TOC
- Logistics and Supply Chains
Center of Strategic Thinking and Future Studies
- Future Studies
- Development of Strategic and Improvement Plans
Future studies help to identify the rules of the game and the potential conditions in certain sectors in years to come. The purpose is to anticipate the future and define the best options according to sector behavior in the global context. By designing scenarios in which a sector may find itself within a certain timeframe, one may begin to form and put into effect strategies that would ensure the most favorable outcome.
Development of Strategic and Improvement Plans
By using diverse methodologies of evaluating current levels of an organization’s competitiveness, one may develop a process of defining goals for the short, medium and long terms that would guarantee the organization’s growth and sustainability. Improving operational efficiency is possible with adequate implementation of strategy.
Strategic Plans and Family Protocol for SMEs and Family Business:
By using diverse methodologies of evaluating current levels of an organization’s competitiveness as well as the level of participation and family commitment in business, processes may be developed to define goals and create instruments of conflict prevention within the family. Additionally, strategies may be developed to address the short, medium and long term to ensure company growth and sustainability.
Development of Programs for Managing Intellectual Capital
By using diverse methodologies of evaluating current levels of an organization’s competitiveness, strategies may be developed to address the short, medium and long term to ensure company growth and sustainability, from a structural and relational human capital perspective.
Implementation of TOC Solutions for Businesses
The objective of the area of consulting in the Theory of Restrictions (TOC) is to teach to think and apply Continued Improvement Processes in companies. Using logic and common sense, the following results may be achieved:
- Increased profits for for-profit organizations; or, for non-profits, reach target units complete and on time.
- Improve Return on Investment.
- Help each person to be self-sufficient.
The School of Management has experts in TOC who are certified by Goldratt Schools and TOC-ICO. Together with experts from Piénsalo Colombia, they have an enormous amount of experience to implement concrete solutions that improve the performance of any organization.
Program Development for Corporate Social Responsibility
This consulting program seeks to consolidate the competitiveness and sustainability of organizations with a focus on business autonomy. Some of the program’s consulting services are:
- CSR Diagnostic
- Analysis of Impact of Policies and Practices of CSR
- Implementation of CSR Strategies
- Management and Control of CSR
- Implementation of ISO Norms
- Implementation of Codes of Good Corporate Governance
- Studies of Competitiveness in Chains and Productive Sectors:
Currently, companies can’t compete and remain isolated. It’s actually fundamental that they create business and institutional networks that allow them to meet the full potential of their efforts and capacities.
The research group of Competitiveness, Production Chain Development and Sector Grouping has developed methodologies to analyze business chains and increase the development of clusters focused on innovation.
These methodologies are of great use for companies, unions and institutions that wish to improve the competitiveness of their organizations through the creation and expansion of networks.
Development of Marketing Plans:
These assess the methods of planning strategic marketing and provide the necessary tools for realizing said plans.
The Center of Research and Consulting in Markets (CIMEX) has developed research models and analysis of results that provide better reliability in the information provided for decision making. CIMEX is able to support the following types of research:
Marketing Orientation & Branding:
It measures Company marketing strategy in relation to its defined market and the products offered within the concept of client value and brand identity. Among these variables are:
- Behavior of the Organization
- Client Value Concept
- Increase in Client Satisfaction
- Brand Identity, Image
Development of Family Protocols:
To achieve high levels of competitiveness while maintaining harmony within the family is the main challenge of family business.
Studies on the Policies on Competitiveness:
The conditions of competitiveness and globalized markets, in which businesses currently operate, demand that the state be able to design and implement public policies that would have high positive impact on companies. The idea would be to enhance competitiveness in local and international markets.
With that said, the research carried out by the Business Environment Observatory has made it possible to design methods of analyzing structure and implementation of programs that would encourage entrepreneurship. Additionally, analysis is carried out on science and technology, production development, competitiveness and international commerce.
These methods are of great use for local, regional and national companies that wish to improve the impact of their programs and projects geared towards enhancing performance.
Recruiting and Selection of Executives:
We provide a service to search and select candidates that meet the needs and expectations of organizations in terms of their knowledge, skills and experience.
Characterization of Organizational Culture:
We provide knowledge of the cultural characteristics that determine the relationships within and between organizations. Additionally, we are able to analyze the level of coherence of strategic planning.
Accompaniment in Organizational Change Processes:
We provide assessment on process modification planning as well as on designing and executing cultural, structural and human talent areas of business so as to increase competitiveness.
The priorities of any organization must be to know and understand its position in the market and its degree of competitiveness. By applying instruments of measurement, organizations will be capable of identifying their current level of competitiveness within their sector. The purpose is to put strategies into action that guarantee growth and sustainability.
Program Development for Entrepreneurship
In developing a business plan, one should focus on creating a company that is competitive in different sectors of the economy. This may be done by identifying new opportunities and business models, which should help to attain investors and others sources of financing.
Accompaniment for Incubating Businesses
The business creation process has the following steps:
- Pre-incubation (pre business plan): consists of identifying an un-satisfied need, identifying a good or service that could satisfy that need, and defining added value.
- Incubation: Consists of drafting a Business Plan
- Post-Incubation: Putting the Business Plan into effect
Business Reinforcement Program: Plan Padrinos ®
The Plan Padrinos ® program is an exercise that brings together university and businesses so as to put into practice management knowledge in supporting small and medium enterprises. Students of all degree programs at the School of Management work with companies to provide assessment and solutions that would improve the outlook of the participant companies in both the short and medium term. This service is provided to the company at no cost.
- Strategic Improvement Plan
- SME Internationalization
- SME Future Studies Analysis (by sector)
- Development and Implementation of Family Protocol and Strategy Plans
- Cost Systems for Products and Services