School of Management Undergraduate Program obtains National Accreditation
The National Accreditation Council - CNA - granted the Externado de Colombia Program a High-Quality Accreditation for a period of eight (8) years.
Through Resolution 012779 of August 6, 2018, the Ministry of National Education granted a High-Quality Accreditation to the Externado de Colombia University School of Management Business Administration Program offered in a face-to-face modality in the city of Bogotá.
With this accreditation, the Externado School of Management Administration undergraduate program becomes one of the eight universities in Colombia with this recognition (Universidad del Valle, Universidad del Norte, Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, ICESI University, Colegio de Estudios Superiores de Administración – CESA – and EAN University).
The School of Management was founded in 1965, as a school of Business Administration and Industrial Relations. The two-year program awarded the title “Industrial Relations Expert.”
In 1967, the Externado de Colombia University received authorization to offer the professional Administration program. Since then, the vocational training program has been offered; in 1971, the Program awarded the first professional degree in Business Administration.
With all the research, training, and extension activities, the School focuses on training leaders for a sustainable world.
This High-Quality Accreditation for eight (8) years highlights the School of Management undergraduate program:
- The mission is consistent with the educational objectives of the program and is the foundation for all academic decisions.
- The academic program’s tradition, with 6021 graduates.
- The teaching faculty, which went from 5 to 14 professors with doctoral training since 2012.
- In research, there has been an increase in publications; 91 projects have been reported between 2013 and 2017.
- The Program’s student mobility in recent years, which has hosted 73 visiting students from national institutions and 95 from international universities. Also, 130 students have enjoyed national academic experiences and 74 outside the country.
- The results of the Saber Pro tests surpass the national reference group in all assessed areas.
- Employers highly value the human and technical training of graduates.
- Investment in physical spaces has enabled the construction of two new buildings.
The Director of the Undergraduate Program thanked the directives of the University, students, professors, alumni, entrepreneurs, and the management team for their valuable support and teamwork, filling the University with pride and leading to obtaining the High-Quality Accreditation renewal of the School of Management undergraduate program.