Registration opens for “Convenio Sígueme” (Follow Me Program)
Externadistas will be able to participate in exchange programs with the best universities in the country - an opportunity for academic and personal enrichment, benefiting hundreds of students in Colombia.
For 17 years, the “Convenio Sígueme” has provided undergraduate students, nationwide, the opportunity to experience regional, enriching experiences, from an academic and personal perspective, thanks to an inter-agency system promoting and facilitating student mobility.
This year, students interested in participating in the program may submit their applications until April 21, 2017.
Under this agreement, students can pursue studies, for an academic semi-annual or annual period, at any of the following member universities:
- Universidad Externado de Colombia – Bogotá
- Universidad del Rosario – Bogotá
- Universidad de La Sabana – Chía
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana – Bogotá and Cali
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia – Bogotá, Medellín, Manizales, and Palmira
- Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana – Medellín, Montería, and Bucaramanga
- Universidad del Valle – Cali
- Universidad EAFIT – Medellín
- Universidad de Antioquia – Medellín
- Universidad del Norte – Barranquilla
- Universidad Industrial de Santander – Bucaramanga
Academic subjects or courses taken by students at the various universities will be recognized by the Externado de Colombia and count as part of their curriculum, subject to prior coordination with the corresponding faculty. At the end of the semester, the host university will submit a transcript of the final grades obtained in each course.
Requirements for participation in the Program:
- Be, at least, a third semester (or second year, if an annual program) undergraduate student at a participating university.
- The applicant may not be on academic probation, conditional enrollment, nor have any current academic or disciplinary sanctions.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Have the Faculty Director’s authorization and guidance on the subjects to be studied, following the Externado de Colombia University requirements.
- Be accepted by the selected University. Requests must be made through the Externado Program Coordinator, Sandra Lorena Dalmau Barros, who will, in turn, submit it to the host University Coordinator.
Registration will be completed at the Externado de Colombia University, including payment of regular tuition fees. Students will pay the host university for their Student ID card and accident insurance. Each student will be responsible for their personal transportation, housing, and sustenance costs.