Call Opens for the Emerging Markets Initiatives Program
As part of its activities to promote international education, the School of Management invites to participate in this Call.
The call, directed to graduate students interested in the “Emerging Market Initiatives” – EMI® Program, will be open until February 4, 2019.
What is EMI®?
It is a program based on the development of consultancy skills in SMEs in emerging economies with international workgroups, aiming to increase the business’ social impact from different perspectives.
How is EMI® developed?
The program consists of 4 initiatives:
1. EMI® Workshops: Learning through workshops on topics such as Design Thinking, Circular Economy, Empowerment in Vulnerable Communities, Innovation Management, among others. March 13 through March 16, 2019. Workshops are optional for students taking any other initiatives (CSR, Bop, and TSB). Please submit, in writing, your request to participate in the topics of interest (spaces are limited).
2. Bottom of the Pyramid Challenge (Bop): Consulting in companies wishing to enter or increase their share in low-income markets. March 18 through March 23, 2019.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Consulting in companies developing their Social Responsibility goals. March 26 through March 30, 2019.
4. Transforming Small Business (TSB): Consulting in companies wishing to improve their business model to increase its sustainability. April 1 through April 6, 2019.
Each initiative consists of the following phases: Virtual Training (2 hours); Diagnosis, 2 weeks (10 hours), and Proposal Creation, developed in one week with international students. Must have part-time availability (40 hours).
“Is important to note that students can only participate in one of the initiatives mentioned above (Bop, CSR, and TSB) and on a voluntary basis during the week of EMI® workshops. The program is carried out in English. This year we have participants from India, Germany, and France,” said José Alexander Mosquera, Coordinator of the Emerging Market Initiatives program.
What are the EMI® benefits?
· Experience in consulting
· Development of working skills with international groups
· Networking Creation
· Equivalent with Plan Padrinos in the Marketing Masters and MBA programs. Other programs will be recognized as international seminars.
What are the EMI® requirements?
· English level B2
· Time availability on specific dates
· Interest in social issues (desirable)
Remember that the application deadline is February 4, 2019.