Anticorruption Management Specialization
Program unique in the country that trains specialists in analytical, conceptual, and practical tools to face the risk of corruption in different organizations.
The anticorruption Management specialization it is aimed at training specialists in analytical, conceptual, and practical tools to face the corruption risks that both public and private organizations currently address. In this way, graduates will have the necessary skills to be leaders in the design and implementation of plans and anti-corruption policies in their organizations.
The program is interdisciplinary, as it combines legal, economic, political, and social elements to understand the phenomenon of corruption. In addition, the program focuses on familiarizing the student with practical tools to design and execute n plans and anti-corruptio policies in different organizations.
- Externado University ranks third place between the best universities in Colombia and is among the best 600 in the world, according to QS University Ranking, in its annual measurements from 2015 to 2021.
- Thanks to the fact that the classes are structured in monthly visits (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday), the students can advance in their academic training while performing their usual work activities.
- Unique program in the country, which has the investigative support of most of the Externado faculties, as shown by the Corruption in Colombia investigation Corruption in Colombia. In this work, for the first time in the country, the academy presents the results of an extensive investigation on the scourge of corruption that affects Colombia with costly and serious social, economic, and political consequences, which limit the potential for development and progress of the nation.
Discount policy: The Externado University counts whit a discount policy for university graduates and postgraduates. See HERE
Financing options: The Externado has financing options for postgraduate degree programs. See more HERE
The curriculum of the Anti-Corruption Management Specialization includes four major areas, which combined offer solid training for graduates to be leaders in the anti-corruption policy of their organizations:
- Interdisciplinary foundations to understand corruption phenomena from legal, economic, political, and social perspectives.
- Context of the corruption phenomena in Colombia and in the world, with a comparative perspective.
- Practical tools to diagnose and prevent corruption risks.
- Current debates around anti-corruption management
See the curriculum here
The Specialization is aimed at professionals from any discipline interested in identifying corruption risks and designing strategies to avoid it, both in public and private organizations. For example:
- Servants of municipal, departmental, or national governments responsible for budget execution and who must structure state contracting processes.
- Aspirants to popularly elected positions who must be responsible for the execution of resources or other activities that involve risks of corruption.
- Professionals who work in private or non-profit organizations that are related to the State as providers of goods and services.
- Professionals from the private sector who oversee designing plans to avoid risks of corruption in their institutions.
- Representatives of civil society involved in strategies to prevent corruption and to strengthen transparency.
The graduate will have analytical, conceptual, and practical tools to detect and prevent corruption risks that currently face public and private organizations. For this, the graduate will have the legal and theoretical foundations related to the phenomenon of corruption, will be familiar with the context of corruption phenomena in Colombia and in the world and will be able to deploy a practical instrument to lead anti-corruption processes in their organization.
In this way, the graduate will be able to perform in leadership positions in public and private organizations, particularly in areas related to the formulation and execution of anti-corruption strategies.