Undergraduate Programme in Tourism and Hotel Business Administration
Bogotá - presencial
9 semestres ( 4 años y medio )Open registrations
Learn more about the admission requirements and register here
Why study Hospitality and Tourism Management at Externado?
- This academic program has been functioning since 1974.
- A program with high-quality accreditation for a term of eight years, granted by the National Ministry of Education (Resolution 3376 of March 16, 2015).
- A program with International Quality Certification from the Themis TedQual Foundation, granted by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- Possibility of international and national mobility.
- Simulation of real operations and administrative, tourism and hotel management.
- Development of communication skills in foreign languages.
- It combines administrative management and management of the tourism and hotel sector.
- Aims at training for research.
- Aims at the integral management of tourism organizations. –
- Inter-semester period internships and professional internships at national or international level.
- Vision aimed at working with territories and communities.
- Emphasis on sustainable development (seen from a tourism perspective).
- You will learn how to create a business plan and have the possibility to start your own business.
- Management, tourism and scientific-humanistic administrative training: the learning of administrative business management is combined with knowledge of the management and dynamics of the tourism and hotel sector.
- Development of modules: Gastronomic Management and Culture, Accommodation Management, Destination Management and Planning, and Strategic Management.
- Possibility of double programs with programs of the same University: Economics, Government and International Relations, Social Communication – Journalism, Finance and International Relations, Business Administration and Public Accounting.
- Academic experiences and approach to external contexts: business visits; field trips, professional internship, operation and management of gastronomic establishments in a real scenario (Gastronomic Management and Culture Workshop).
- Participation in the research group.
- High academic and professional levels of teachers as well as extensive research experience.
- Communication skills in foreign languages.
The students of the Hospitality and Tourism Management undergraduate program are characterized by their:
- Comprehension, analysis and communication skills.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to act under the principles of ethics focused on human development and coexistence, which allows him/her to communicate with his/her peers, professors, directors, and to represent the University with dignity in the exercise of its mission statements.
- Open attitude to enrich their knowledge and skills in other fields of knowledge.
- Aptitude for language learning (Academic Project 2020).
Perfil profesional del egresado
The graduate of the program will be a citizen and professional with national and international projection, with knowledge and leadership in the field of public and private tourism management, with a comprehensive scientific and humanistic foundation and ethical commitment. This will be achieved through the development of the following generic competencies and the following specific competencies:
- Leads and competitively manages public and private organizations in general and in particular those with an emphasis on tourism.
- Effectively directs and manages tourism destinations, tourism value chains and the organizations that comprise them.
- Acts in the national and international tourism environment in an assertive, creative, proactive and innovative manner, with social and ethical responsibility.
- Formulates, manages and executes public policies related to the sustainable development of tourism, in response to current and future needs.
- Faces business and organizational challenges with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Creates creative and innovative ventures that respond to the needs of the sector with social responsibility.
Graduate Occupational Profile
The Hospitality and Tourism Manager will be able to participate in the design, formulation, execution and evaluation of tourism development policies, plans and programs; participate in research, advisory, consulting and social extension activities; manage tourist destinations and create and manage businesses of all kinds and, in particular, service organizations related to hospitality and tourism, leisure and free time. He/she can hold different positions in organizations such as the following:
- Public sector: Ministries, national, regional and local tourism offices, convention bureaus, public-private organizations for destination management, offices or secretariats of culture, planning, among others, that require tourism support.
- Lodging establishments such as hotels, hostels, resorts, campgrounds, fiscal houses, agritourism farms, franchises, hotel operators, among others.
- Food and beverage establishments such as restaurants, fast food chains, catering companies, institutional commercial and social casinos, banquet houses, and third-party food supply or production organizations.
- Travel agency operators, wholesalers and travel and tourism.
- Institutions of socio-cultural animation, such as recreation companies, recreational, theme and nature parks, clubs, gaming casinos, museums, among others.
- Conference, trade fair and convention center operators.
- Transportation companies (airlines, national and international car rental companies, cruise lines, passenger and ground transportation).
- Tourist representation companies.
- Transportation companies dedicated to the operation of specialized tourism.
- Innovative ventures in different sectors.
We invite you to learn more about the Hospitality and Tourism Management program by participating in one or more activities where you will be our special guest.
These are some of the activities:
- Guided tour of the Universidad Externado de Colombia and the Tourism and Hotel Business Administration program.
- Personalized talk about the program.
- Immersion process
The curriculum describes the learning of business administration and relates it to the knowledge about the management and dynamics of the tourism and hotel sector. It aims at training the individual on research and the comprehensive management of tourism organisations.
The programme includes the simulation of real and management operations. It is delivered through a practical workshop in gastronomic management, using simulators or accommodation management software, and managerial simulators in strategic management and business tactics. Also, it includes practical exercises that allow the development of skills in destination planning and management.
The curriculum is comprehensive and comprises three training areas: