Beginning of Case Studies with a focus on responsible consumption and production (SDG 12)
The results will be published in 2021 and will feed the Bank of Case Studies in Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
The Finance, Government and International Relations’ Masters in Social Responsibility and Sustainability Program, together with the Colombia Global Pact Network and the Association of Family and Business Foundations (AFE) will analyze, during 2020, seven private sector initiatives that contribute to meet Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) No. 12 – “Responsible production and consumption.”
According to the tripartite committee, the organizations and programs selected are:
1. The Alliance for Development: Collective AFE Antioquia. Integral Development for Sustainable Communities.
2. Bancolombia Foundation. Comprehensive strengthening of the cocoa chain, organic certification, and fair trade from Urabá.
3. ODL-Bicentennial Vivo Pipeline Foundation. Environmental School Project (PRAE) through the IV Phase “Sowing Life” at the Instituto Educativo Siglo XXI, Vereda El Raizal, in the municipality of Tauramena, department of Casanare.
4. Esenttia SA. Contribution to the sustainable transformation of society through the Circular Economy.
5. ACESCO Foundation. Entrepreneur’s route.
6. Corporación Punto Azul. Búmeran Program.
7. Aguas de Cartagena. Responsible Management of the Water Cycle GRA
The case studies will be developed as graduation work by students of the VIII Master’s program, with the support and advice of specialized teachers. The resulting products will be published in 2021 and will feed the Bank of Case Studies in Social Responsibility and Sustainability, which to date has 48 cases available online, for free.