International Webinar: Current Trends in the Economic Analysis of Law
Fecha: 14 of may
Hora: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Lugar: Plataforma Virtual Zoom
The Legal Sciences and International Relations Faculty of the American University (Nicaragua) and the Externado de Colombia University Economic Law Department invite to this significant event.
The conferences will address issues relating to the financial system, legal principles, state action, free competition, and regulation of essential drugs, from a legal and economic perspective. These topics have become relevant since the world health crisis; therefore, it intends to generate an academic discussion with a national and international audience.
- Constanza Blanco Barón: Economist, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana; specialist in Financial and Stock Exchange Law, Externado de Colombia University; Master in Political Science, Javeriana University; PhD in Legal Sociology and Political Institutions, Externado de Colombia University. Currently, she is a research leader and full professor of the Law and Economics research group of the Externado de Colombia University Economic Law Department.
- Daniel Alejandro Monroy Cely: Universidad de los Andes Law graduate, with a Specialization in Contract Law from the Externado de Colombia University, a Master’s in Economic Law from the University of Chile, and a PhD in Law from the Externado de Colombia University. He is an Externado de Colombia University Economic Law Department professor-researcher of Economic Analysis of Law, and Behavioral Law and Economics.
- Guillermo Rodrigo Corredor Castellanos: Attorney and specialist in Intellectual Property, Copyright, and New Technologies from the Externado de Colombia University. He has a Specialization in Public Management and Administrative Institutions from the Universidad de los Andes, and a Master’s in International Economic Law from the University of Bern (World Trade Institute). He has served as a consultant on intellectual property rights management and innovation for projects in the Andean Region and the European Union. Currently, he is a visiting researcher at the Centre de Sciences Humaines in New Delhi and a researcher and professor at the Externado de Colombia Economic Law Department.
- Jesús Alfonso Soto Pineda: Externado de Colombia University Law graduate, with a Master’s in Business Law from the Autonomous University of Madrid, and a Law and Political Science PhD from the same university with the thesis titled “Vías de aplicación del Derecho de la competencia”( Means of applying competition law). Currently, he is an Externado de Colombia University researcher and professor of Comparative Competition Law: USA and the European Union, of the Masters in Economic Law programs.
- Sebastián Aguilera González and María del Mar Gómez Escobar: UAEM Semillero (Seedlings) students, Externado de Colombia University Chapter.