Webinar: Regulatory Challenges in the Digital Age
Date: 10 of december of 2020
Time: 7:30 am - 9:30 am
The Commercial Law, Telecommunications Law, and Economic Law Departments invite to the seventh and last panel of the conference cycle on 'Platforms: challenges for consumers and competitors. How do Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon play?'
In this last panel, the following will be analyzed: the approximations that should be given to the new digital markets, from Competition and Consumer Law. Is it necessary to create specific competition authorities for the digital world? The validity of the competition framework or its updating; the creation of new protection elements for the digital consumer guaranteeing the effective exercise of their rights and the articulation and coordination mechanisms of the different authorities, such as those of competition, consumption, data, and the regulatory authority, so the digital market works harmoniously.
The event features participation by the following guests to answer the above questions:
COMPETITION LAW CHALLENGES IN THE DIGITAL AGE
- Juan Pablo Herrera Saavedra, Deputy Superintendent for the Protection of Competition – SIC, professor at the Telecommunications Law and Economic Law Departments.
- Helmut Brokelmann, Managing Partner, MLab Abogados (Spain).
- Julián Zuluaga Torres, professor, International Economic Law.
- Moderator: Rodrigo Corredor Castellanos, Professor-researcher, Economic Law Department
DIGITAL CONSUMER CHALLENGES
- María Carolina Corcione Morales, Deputy Superintendent for Consumer Protection – SIC and Economic Law Department professor.
- Carlos Lugo Silva, executive director of the Communications Regulation Commission – CRC.
- Martha Cecilia Ramírez Torres, Telecommunications Law, and Economic Law departments professor
- Moderator: Luz Mónica Herrera, Telecommunications Law Department director.
To register, please click HERE
* The University reserves the right to modify the programming, topics, and speakers.