IX University National Chronicle Competition Externado de Colombia University
This Call, an initiative of our House of Studies’ Cultural Decanatura, is directed to undergraduate and graduate university students throughout the country.
From August 1 through September 29, 2017, students across the country can participate with their texts in the competition organized by the Externado.
Contest rules are as follows:
- Undergraduate and graduate University students throughout the country may submit an unpublished chronicle, written in Spanish, no less than five letter-size pages and no longer than ten. Chronicles previously published or awarded in other competitions will not be accepted.
- Free choice topic
- Send three copies of the chronicle, signed with a pseudonym in the header of each page, written on letter-size paper, one side only, double spaced, using, Arial 12 font, stapled, and without a cover or folder.
- In a separate envelope, sealed and labeled with the pseudonym, attach the author’s data: full name, pseudonym, title of the work, photocopies of ID card (front and back), and current student card; email, home address, and cell phone number.
- Chronicles should be mailed or delivered to the Externado Decanatura Cultural (Calle 12B No. 1-15, Bogotá.
- For works sent by mail, the envelope must be postmarked by the deadline date or prior (September 29, 2017, or earlier).
- The jury, formed by Alejandra de Vengoechea, Javier Osuna, and Javier Correa, reserves the right to declare the competition “void” in the event the articles submitted do not meet the desired quality.
- The deadline for submission of entries is September 29, 2017,at 4:00 pm. The results will be posted on the Externado website October 27, 2017.
- First prize – $1,000,000 Pesos in Cash
- Second prize – $500,000 Pesos in Cash
- These awards are considered copyright payment, in the event of publication; the University is not obligated to publish the winning texts.
- Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the above rules. Originals are not returned and will be destroyed two weeks after the ruling. Prior winners of this contest are not eligible to participate.