25 of September of 2017
Let’s celebrate poetry, with the Reader’s Book!
The Cultural Decanatura opens a new call for all readers of the “Un Libro por Centavos” (Book for Pennies) collection, to participate, as critics and anthologists, from September 25, 2017, to January 15, 2018.
In 2018, the Externado Cultural Decanatura, celebrating 15 years of monthly, free, and uninterrupted publications of the “Un Libro por Centavos” Collection, and the publication of its Edition N ° 150, will publish the anthology “Poetry Reader’s Book.” In this edition, readers will be the critics and anthologists of young Colombian poetry (poets born 1975-1990).
We invite you to select from the suggested list below, two poems, by one or two authors who, for their beauty and meaning touched your heart. Next, send, through January 15, 2018, a script no longer than six lines, indicating the title of the poem or poems, author’s name, your name, and comments to the following link
Following is a list of young poets and their respective works. (A PDF of each book will be found at the link).
- no. 2 Puerto calcinado de Andrea Cote
- no. 24 El ojo de Circe de Lucía Estrada
- no. 29 Poesía en sí misma de Lauren Mendinueta
- no. 78 Una palabra brilla en mitad de la noche de Catalina González
- no. 91 Somos las horas de Abelardo Leal
- no. 117 Poesía afrocolombiana de Leidy Estefani de Ávila
- no. 117 Poesía afrocolombiana de Joy Helena González Güeto
- no. 119 Casa paterna de Fátima Vélez
- no. 124 De noche un pájaro de Miguel Tejada Sánchez
- no. 133 El humo de la noche rodea mi casa de Henry Alexander Gómez
- no. 135 Arde Babel de Camila Charry Noriega
- no. 136 Para llegar a este silencio de Santiago Espinosa
We look forward to your participation in this adventure of reading and re-reading the new Colombian poetry.