Call to develop Law thesis work – 2021
The Criminal Policy Research Center -CIPC- calls fourth and fifth-year Law students and graduates to participate in the call.
Those interested must develop their final undergraduate work or a research article to be published in an indexed journal .
If you are concerned about the following questions, this call is for you:
How to deal with the 53 percent prison overcrowding in Colombia?
Did you know the Constitutional Court has declared the state of prison affairs unconstitutional since 1998?
Is jail the only form of justice?
Do you think new technologies will impact Criminal Law and criminal policy?
Topics to be discussed:
- Criminal policy and prison system.
- Identities, differential approaches, legal pluralism, indigenous jurisdiction (own justices).
- Abolitionism, punitive populism, social control, and new technologies.
- Adolescent criminal liability system, among others.
Socio-legal research strategies: The research carried out by this Center has a qualitative approach and uses different research methods .
- Be a fourth or fifth-year Law student or a Law graduate
- Submit a research proposal on one of the above topics 
- Attach a résumé
- Complete the interview
Prepare, present, and support the final report of the proposed research work.
- Publish a scientific essay in the CIPC InvestigareJournal
- Quarterly recognition for research advances and honorable mention
The CIPC offers training in:
- Socio-legal research
- APA standards and reference managers: UEC Library
- Support in writing and spelling updating: Law Faculty Writing and Reading Comprehension Center
Duration: One academic year
Deadlines and Schedule
- Deadline for submission of research proposal (can be via e-mail): February26, 2021
- Interviews: March 3, 2021
- Publication of results: March 5, 2021
 According to the editorial policy (peer evaluators) of the journal selected by the student.
 Secondary sources: normativity, national and international doctrine and jurisprudence; primary sources: interviews, observation, case study, etc.
 Specific topic of the proposal to be submitted, it is essential to contact a CIPC professor